PHOENIX– Donald” Cowboy Cerrone ” return to the Octagon will have to stay.
The 39- time-old stager was listed to return from a one- time layoff on Saturday, in a featherlight bout against Joe Lauzon at UFC 274 inside Footprint Center. Cerrone (36-16) was pulled from the bout hours ahead, still, because of food poisoning.
Sources told ESPN that Cerrone felt great after successfully making weight on Friday and was fine when he went to bed that night after eating regale. He felt ill the following morning and was pulled from the event after UFC croakers checked him.
Cerrone (36-16) had been in good spirits all fight week and showed a lot of emotion talking about the occasion to fight in front of his two sons with suckers in attendance. He hadn’t fought in front of suckers since January 2020, due to the Covid-19 epidemic.
Cerrone went so far as to tell ESPN on Wednesday that a palm over Lauzon would be the highlight of his fabled career.
The UFC has not made any advertisement on Cerrone’s coming move. A bantamweight fight between Randy Brown and Khaos Williams was promoted from the UFC 274 prelims to its main card.
The planned UFC 274 featherlight battle between Donald Cerrone and Joe Lauzon has been scrapped hours before the fighters were set to make their pen walk. UFC judge Jon Anik verified the news during the primary broadcast for the event, stating that Cerrone had anon-COVID illness.
You must be visit : UFC 274: OLIVEIRA VS GAETHJE RESULTS
A bantamweight contest between Khaos Williams and Randy Brown will rather protest off the PPV fests.
The news takes a largely- anticipated fight off the main card for the event. Cerrone, who’s tied for the most wins in UFC history, was looking for his first palm since May 4, 2019. He has officially lost five successive fights, with another loss capsized to a no contest after Niko Price tested positive for marijuana.
Lauzon was set to return after having been out of action since an October 2019 palm over Jonathan Pearce that snapped a three- fight losing descent.
The fight was firstly planned for UFC Fight Night on June 25 but was moved to the UFC 274 card. Cerrone had said the fight demanded a bigger stage than the UFC Apex but his illness could potentially push it back to the original date.
During fight week, UFC president Dana White suggested that the clunker of Cerronevs. Lauzon should” pack it up and ride off into the evening”after times of tough results for both men.
UPDATE It was blazoned on the early prelim show that Donald Cerrone has anon-COVID affiliated illness and will be unfit to fight Joe Lauzon at tonight’s UFC 274 PPV. He was agitated to fight in front of his son, and it was anticipated this could be his final fight. Khaos Williams and Randy Brown will replace this fight to protest off the main card.